How to hide widget on specific post, page or category, or show certain widget on just one selected page.
We don’t need to show same widgets on all posts, pages, categories, or on mobile devices
Sometimes when we working with WordPress website, it becomes necessary to hide the widget on a specific page or category. It can also be a problem to show the widget on just one selected page. Also, we may need to show some widget only on mobile devices. There are many solutions to this issue, but let’s look at one of the most customizable and easy to use.
This is a plugin Widget Options. Let’s take a closer look at it.
(Dashboard -Plugins – Add Plugins – search: Widget Options – install and activate it)
After installing and activating the plugin, an additional interface appears in the widget settings:
Now we have the opportunity to hide the widget anywhere: in a certain category, on a separate specific page or post. We can hide the desired widget on mobile devices.
By the way, there are much more settings.
Check full Extended Widget Options features.
- Custom WordPress Widget Styling
- Widget Animations on scroll and page load
- Sticky / Fixed WordPress Widgets
- Custom Widget Links
- Widget Cache
- Custom Widget Columns Display
- Restrict Widget Visibility per User Roles
- Widget Visibility per Days and Date Range
- Extended Taxonomy and Terms Support
- Display Sidebars and Widgets using Shortcodes
- Disable any WordPress Widgets
- Permission Options
- Target URLs and Wildcard Restrictions
- Option for child page to inherit parent widget visibilities